Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day Trips

Reagan & I have been breaking up the monotony of summer with some day trips.

Last Friday, Reagan & I joined my mom & Jessica for a whirlwind trip to Shreveport to make some headway on the wedding planning.  Thursday night I was informed we'd be leaving at 9AM because we had 4 appointments to make to take care of flowers, do a sound check at the venue, decide on bridesmaid's dresses, & meet with a cake decorator.





My first appointment Friday morning was with a cup of Chick-fil-A coffee & XM 80s on 8, both of which I needed since I was doing the driving:






While Jessica & my mom chatted about the flowers & decorations, Reagan & I were out in the car changing her dirty diaper . . . so no photo documentation of that (the flower selection or the diaper).

Reagan watched patiently as I tried on dress after dress after dress:





Then she showed us her new trick, holding her bottle:



My favorite stop was probably the last appointment of the day, for obvious reasons.  It was good that I tried on the dresses first:




A true masterpiece, The Starry Night in icing:



This week's day trip was to . . . Bastrop.  First, a stop at Papaw's, where I now realize Reagan succeeded in removing her bow in every picture I took:



And then we swung by Aunt Donna's where cousins 
Zach, Jennifer, & Marykate are spending the week:



After some squabbling over whose books were whose, the girls decided on a reading of Marykate's book, Barnyard Dance.  Obviously not penned by a member of the church of Christ, the book is about dancing, but I allowed the reading since animals are the only ones pictured engaging in the dancing.


Who knows where we'll end up next week!  Oh the spontaneity!

AZ



No comments:

Post a Comment