Monday, June 27, 2011

Fan Club Reunion

Last night, Reagan's Fan Club returned from a 10 day Alaskan cruise.  Reagan debuted her new yellow polo dress for the occasion.  After a quick bite to eat, everyone gathered at the airport (yes, another trip to Monroe Regional in less than a week) to welcome them home.













We all spent some quality time together while various members of the fan club alternately chatted with the airport employee about when, & if, they might expect all of their bags to arrive.







Reagan remains unimpressed with Monroe Regional:



I've said it before & I will say it again - hope, enthusiasm, & vacation dreams go to Monroe Regional to wither & die.  Below are pictures of what was supposed to be a family trip to New York in December of 2008.  We had tickets to see Wicked, The Little Mermaid, & Mamma Mia on Broadway, but my parents & I never boarded one plane.  I took time off work, crammed all my toiletry items into tiny bottles, & woke at 4AM so that I could stand around forlornly at Monroe Regional while American Airlines explained that they could not in any way offer us a shred of hope of making it to New York.

We did drive to Dallas to pick up Jessa who sat at DFW for 8 hours after flying there from Denver.  The plan was to fly to Dallas to meet her & make our connecting flight to New York . . . but American Airlines had no plane with which to fly us to Dallas & no way to get us to New York in any timely fashion.  I will resent them forever; I cried in the airport.

Below: me sitting at The Travel Company in Monroe while our travel agent tried to figure out a way to get us to New York in time to see the plays.  They let me sit behind the desk & play on the computer:


In the lobby of the hotel where we stayed in Dallas:


We did have some fun in Dallas . . . 

at The Cheesecake Factory:


We found this book, ironically titled Christmas in New York, in Barnes & Noble:


Happy to be doing some shopping, even if it was in 80 degree rather than 30 degree weather:


The luggage fiasco last night brought on some strong flashbacks for me.  We did go see Wicked at The Orpheum in Memphis in the summer of 2009.  I adore Wicked.


Remember, no good deed goes unpunished . . . 
especially if you include Monroe Regional in your travel plans.

AZ


No comments:

Post a Comment