Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Photographic History of Reagan

I tested positive on Saturday, April 24, 2010.  

First doctor's visit, Thursday, May 13, 2010:

First baby gift (a pair of LSU shoes from mom):

Trip to Destin in June (I was exceedingly queasy the whole week):

(Below: Reagan's Fan Club eating at The Back Porch in Destin)

Eating dinner with friends before going to see Eclipse (the first viewing!) on June 30, 2010 
(I'm wearing my 'Team Edward' shirt Jessica sent me!):

Monday, August 2, 2010 ultrasound when we
learned we were having a girl:

Around 5 months, picture for Jessica who requested to see my belly:

Some pics from the aforementioned trips to Dallas in the fall of 2010:

Friday, November 5, 2010 ultrasound:

Trey & I attended the LSU v. Alabama game in Tiger Stadium in November.  Thanks to some kind friends we were able to watch the game from a suite (I'd have never made it on the metal seats):

Oh, & in case you forgot, LSU won 24-21 :)  My blood pressure was perfect throughout pregnancy, otherwise I would have had to leave.  As Trey & I made our way back to the car after the game, I got several high fives from (drunk) Tiger fans impressed with my dedication as I waddled along holding my belly with my hands.

Waiting for Jessica & Heath to arrive for Thanksgiving 
(their first trip to LA since becoming engaged in October, hence the 'Congratulations'):

Last pregnant photo:

On Sunday, 12/12/10, mama & I went shopping after church & did quite a bit of walking since that's supposed to help bring on labor.  It worked!  I went to bed that night (but never really went to sleep) & when I got up to use the bathroom at 2:30 Monday morning, my water broke.  I was in no pain so I called my mom to tell her to come get Sophie & meet us at the hospital, got the bags, & arrived at St. Francis about 3AM.

I began having irregular contractions on my own & was given some pitocin about 8AM.  About 10:30 I requested my epidural.  At 11:30 a nurse checked me & I was disappointed when she said "I don't feel anything," which I assumed meant I hadn't dilated any further.  What she meant was that she felt no cervix and I was at 10 centimeters.  I felt nothing at all!  The epidural was wonderful.  The nurse asked if I felt like I needed to push & I said no, so she told me to wait a few minutes since Dr. Sheppard was on the way.  I guess I pushed for about 20 minutes or so before Dr. Sheppard arrived & I remember distinctly that Reagan's head was already out when the doctor got there.  The whole experience was pretty great, considering the horrific child birth stories you hear.  
Reagan was born at 12:27PM:

Some pics from the hospital stay:

Leaving to go home Wednesday, 12/15/10:

Dressed for her first visit to the doctor:

Reagan's first Christmas:

LSU in the Cotton Bowl 1/7/11:

1 month old 1/13/11:

A few of Reagan being her awesome self:

With her daddy:

Big girl sitting in her bumpo chair:

These next two were taken by Jennifer Lizenby at
Reagan's 3 month photo shoot:


1 comment: