Monday, October 21, 2013

Blog, Interrupted

I have to interrupt today's regularly scheduled blog post.  Much has happened in the last week.  No, much is an understatement.




I know you're eager to read all about my wild thirty-third birthday, & are patiently waiting to see all the fun I had cleaning out my closet at my parents' house, but you'll have to wait a bit longer.  In truth, you're having to wait not only because I have more exciting news, but because I haven't finished going through all the mess I brought home from my parents' house.  Most of it is, at this moment, still in the back of my car.  That's what mom cars are for, after all - -  hauling the most random assortment of junk you'd ever want to find.  The rest is, much to Trey's delight, sitting right inside the entryway to our home.

Trumping my birthday, mine & Trey's fourth anniversary, the large new king size bed that's being delivered to my home Wednesday, & the SEC apocalypse of this past weekend . . . is the birth of my niece.  Over the weekend, I picked up a fun new (& nicely alliterative) title, Aunt Anna (though I'd be fine with just Anna since, you know, I'm not in my eighties & never push fruit cake on anyone).

A new niece is always more fun than the crap things I saved from high school . . .

Madison Leigh "Maisie" Griffin
born Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 7:19am
8 pounds, 1 ounce, 20 inches long 



Congrats to her parents, Jessica & Heath, & her grandparents, Gordon & Susan & Jay & Jan.  

So, for those of you who're into math, this means my parents now have three grandchildren.  That's a bit hard for me to believe, especially coming off the heels of two weekends spent mired in my past, surrounded by my high school letter jacket, a ridiculous collection of T shirts, & yes, a bunch of tapes . . . as in audio tapes that look like this:



Maisie, welcome to our family; we're typically a fun bunch.  You don't know this yet, but you are immeasurably blessed.  Soon, you will leave the hospital & find yourself in a warm home maintained by two people who've given their lives to the Lord; the world aches for more such homes.  I hope that, like your mother & father & your awesome aunt, you love to read & drink coffee, because that's what all the cool people do.  You'll see.  I look forward to meeting you, introducing you to your cousins, holding you awhile, & then handing you back to your mother when you pee, poop, & want to stay up all night.

This aunt gig is looking pretty sweet.  

A(unt Anna)Z

No comments:

Post a Comment