Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dining Out

This past week, Reagan spent a good deal of time familiarizing herself with local restaurants.  On Sunday evening, Reagan & I joined my parents & good friends the Lindseys at the Cracker Barrel, where the food is only half the fun.




Friday afternoon, my mom & I took Reagan to Chili's for a late lunch.  I hadn't eaten there since she was born & the visit was long overdue.  If I ever have to select a last meal, their chips & salsa will be part of the menu.  Reagan slept for the first 20 or 30 minutes & woke up fresh & ready to take some pics:





For dinner Friday night, Reagan joined her parents & grandparents at Outback, where she sat in a highchair for the first time (admittedly with some help from her Grandmama) while sporting her new brown bow that coordinated nicely with her pink & brown highchair cover that she took great joy in gnawing.


I feel it's important to acquaint Reagan with places where she'll be spending a good deal of time as she grows & local restaurants are, of course, at the top of that list.  Perhaps this next week we will spend some time at an exclusive & rarely visited locale, our dinner table.  Ronald Reagan once said, "All great change in America begins at the dinner table."  I imagine he would have further elaborated that before great change can take root, the old mail, essays to be graded, & stacks of books on the dinner table should be replaced by a meal to be shared.

AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment