Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Reagan's Parents

Today Reagan's parents have been married 2 years.  We've yet to have an uneventful anniversary, as last year I was 7 months pregnant & this year, we sold our house.  That's right, we sold our house yesterday.  My anniversary gift to myself is that today, I don't have to make the bed & ensure the house is clean & in order in case someone wants to see it.



Some of my favorites from the day:









The date was carefully selected after consulting The Farmer's Almanac & LSU's football schedule.  After a soggy start to October, our wedding day was sunny & unseasonably cold for a Louisiana October day.  This worked out well for me since, had it been a few degrees warmer, I'd have wilted under the weight of my dress.  

I intended to have this quote from Homer  on our wedding programs, but forgot in the flurry of wedding activity, so I'll post it now.  I believe it's from The Odyssey:

There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends.

As we move forward and look to buy a new house, we'll be further exploring the "two people who see eye to eye" portion of the quote.

AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment