Saturday, August 20, 2011

The View From Here

Last Wednesday morning, Reagan & her parents departed on their first family vacation, headed for Point Clear, Alabama.  Have you ever heard of LAMMICO?  Basically they insure Louisiana doctors, and when said doctors are sued, their insurance company hires an attorney to handle the suit.  Mine & Reagan's dads are two such attorneys, so Reagan is learning what Jessica & I did early in life: if dad has to travel for work, we'll tag along & find an outlet mall.  So, we did.

After dropping the pups off at the vet & securing mommy a cup of Chick-fil-A coffee, we were ready to head out.  Still bound by her rear-facing car seat, Reagan watched as Louisiana disappeared and she headed east for the first time . . .


. . . while dad put on his "serious road trip in my new truck" driving face:


As has been our tradition for the many years we've driven to Destin, FL, we stopped in Hattiesburg, MS to eat lunch at Chesterfield's . . . but it was GONE.  Literally gone, a drugstore (think it was a CVS) in its place. 

Where is Chesterfield's?


Baffled but undeterred, we ate lunch at a burger place, and though I can't recall the name, it was not your average burger place.  They offer whole wheat buns, a delicious grilled chicken sandwich, sweet potato fries, and an assorted selection of dessert items.  Reagan was pleased.


Checking out the view from the front seat after lunch:


Happy to be facing forward:


Ok, I'm over it, put the phone down & let's get down the road dad . . . 


Obligatory tunnel pic (this one is different though because my freshly painted toes are in it):


We made it!



Traveling in Alabama was interesting.  They've got everything you need right there on the highway.

Books . . . 


& coffee! 


We went straight to the Tanger Outlet in Foley Wednesday afternoon.  You can't adequately cover a decent sized outlet mall in one day, especially with an infant, so we got a few good hours in before heading to the hotel Wednesday night where my dad & Trey were due to mingle with other Louisianians gathered for LAMMICO's yearly pow wow.  

Foley Sightings:

A few familiar characters:



Other familiar characters entertaining Reagan while the women darted to and from shops:



Before I continue, I must include the triumphant tale of my new purse.  When my mom & I walked into the Coach outlet Wednesday afternoon, we were each handed a coupon for 30% off our entire purchase, which my experience has taught me is pretty much par for the course at Coach outlets.  While browsing the store, a 50% off table caught my eye, and my breathing quickened even more when I saw, perched in the middle of the table, a purse I loved.  I handed it to Trey & told him to hold it until I decided what to do (I didn't want someone else to snag it while I did a little investigating).  I marched over to the counter &, assuming the answer would be 'No' but hoping for the best, I asked the sales clerk if the 30% off coupon could be applied to items that were already marked down . . . and she said yes!  Needless to say, I bought the purse & I love it, & now Trey has a lot of fun mimicking my reaction to the sales clerk, so we both left happy.     


Tired from Foley: Round I, the ladies hung out at the hotel Wednesday evening while the men did their fancy business stuff:


Wednesday night, Reagan got to sleep in the middle of her parents, and she slept pretty well.  She slept right through room service bringing mommy's breakfast Thursday morning.



YES!  (Notice the entire pot of coffee):


Tiny jelly!


A little morning reading in the big bed:



"Mom quit taking my picture; I just got up."


A room with a view:


Waiting while mommy finishes dressing for Foley: Round II:


Resting up for the marathon:


Ready to go!


Big bed time again:



A bath for the road:


Homeward bound:



AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment