Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's a Girl

On August 2 of last year, Trey & I learned our first child was a girl, & we got our first glimpse of her face:




We left the doctor's office & met our families at Cracker Barrel for a little celebration.  


Today, my mom & I took Reagan to Cracker Barrel.  We had breakfast & coffee; she took a nap:



Coincidentally, on our drive to Bastrop this afternoon, my mom had the radio on XM 17, which I think is the 'Love' station, & Roberta Flack's "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" came on . . . technically a 'romantic' song, but it still made me smile when I heard it:

The first time ever I saw your face
I thought the sun rose in your eyes
And the moon and stars were the gifts you gave
To the dark and the empty skies, my love,
To the dark and the empty skies.




AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment