Friday, April 15, 2011

Reagan's First Tax Day

Today is Reagan's first tax day.  Her due date was December 28 & her daddy was so hoping she'd arrive before 2011 so she could be written off for the entire year (& he got his wish, by about two weeks).


Reagan is celebrating tax day in her Reagan gear:







(A big thank you to our friend Jill Futch for the awesome onesies!)


She's blissfully oblivious to the implications of the day & to pretty much anything other than her usual eat/spit up/grin & coo/sleep/eliminate waste cycle (sometimes the order varies) . . . which reminds me of this Reagan quote:

Government is like a baby: an alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.

In recent days this quote has crossed my mind quite often, for various reasons.

Happy Tax Day All.  

AZ

2 comments:

  1. I love it! The onesies are awesome! :D This is my last tax day filing as "single"! Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may have e-mailed this to you at some point, but this is a short clip of President Reagan totally disarming a critical question from Sam Donaldson.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRUbwnkEPqc

    ReplyDelete